At one time, four mills occupied the banks of Lover’s Creek from Yonge St to the bay starting with Wm Hewson’s Mill and working north to the bay, next was the Morse Brother’s Mill, near the railway tracks was Wm Cox’s Mill and near the bay in Tollendal was the Galbraith mill. Where Lover’s creek, crosses Big Bay Point Road, on the south side of the road, a damn was built in 1862 to create [...]