Harry Austin Smith

Home/Harry Austin Smith
Filter by date range
Filter by tag
Looking West down Collier Street from the fire hall tower2020-07-27T12:19:41-04:00
The old Barrie Post Office on the South East corner of Collier and Owen Streets. The Barrie Mill and Fire Hall can be seen further East on Collier Street2020-07-24T12:55:04-04:00
Wilkinson’s Flour Mill located at 20 John Street (Maple Avenue) south of Elizabeth Street2020-07-24T12:36:47-04:00
Looking East on Collier Street towards the post office, Parker grist mill and fire hall on the South side of the street and the Victoria school and Trinity Anglican church building on the North side.2020-07-23T22:07:25-04:00
The Grand Lodge of Ontario Oddfellows in session on their 70th annivesary are assembled in front of the Agricultural Hall main fair grounds building on Bradford Street2020-07-16T21:17:52-04:00
Demolition of wheelwright and carpenter shop located on Bayfield Street behind the Simcoe Hotel2020-07-13T17:01:40-04:00
A view of the Tollendal grist mill in the late 1880’s2020-07-03T15:20:58-04:00
The Tollendal grist mill in the late 1880’s2020-07-03T15:18:36-04:00
A view of the eastern end of the Boys Block on the South side of Dunlop Street towards Mulcaster Street2020-07-03T15:11:30-04:00
Looking West along Worsley Street from the court house. The chimney from Dougall’s Furniture can be seen, as well as Trinity Church2020-07-03T15:06:44-04:00
Looking North East from Market Square at Dougall’s Furniture factory2020-07-03T15:03:10-04:00
Looking down Mulcaster Street towards Worsley and Collier Streets. Collier Street Methodist Church, Dougall’s Furniture and Market Square can be seen2020-07-03T14:54:16-04:00
A view from the fire hall tower looking up Mulcaster Street2020-07-03T14:47:09-04:00
The Barrie Public Library, a Carnegie building, opened in 1917, and was located at the corner of Collier and Mulcaster Streets. It is now the MacLaren Art Centre2020-05-28T14:48:58-04:00
The Mechanics Institute located at 17 Owen Street which later became the first Barrie Public Library2020-05-28T14:40:58-04:00
The Salvation Army Citadel located at 60 Collier Street2020-05-28T14:37:20-04:00
The Barrie Presbyterian Church on Collier Street between Clapperton and Owen Streets. It was later sold to the Salvation Army2020-05-28T14:34:00-04:00
-J. Galbraith and Son Exchange Block feed store at 215 Dunlop Street East which was later the Barrie Brewing Company, then Bayview Apartments2020-05-11T11:55:35-04:00
The McKay-Hogg Woolen Mills located on the West side of High Street South of Elizabeth Street2020-05-06T21:01:02-04:00
Looking up the West side of Clapperton Street from Collier Street at the washout from a flood2020-04-23T17:07:15-04:00
Smith and Moore Cabinet Makers and Undertakers located at 64 Bayfield Street2020-04-23T17:01:01-04:00
A receipt from Barr and Henry Carriage and Wagon Makers. Their factory was located at the corner of Collier and Bayfield Streets2020-04-23T16:54:10-04:00
The Northwest corner of Collier and Clapperton Streets.2020-05-14T11:46:41-04:00
Barrie Band (35th Regiment) Simcoe Foresters2020-04-23T16:37:28-04:00
A view of the new Central United Church opened in 19582020-04-14T17:41:23-04:00
Elizabeth Street Methodist Church (later renamed to Central United Church)2020-04-14T17:34:39-04:00
Elizabeth Street United Church (formerly the Primitive Methodist Church until 1883)2020-04-14T17:35:46-04:00
Methodist Church at the corner of Elizabeth and Toronto Streets, also known as the first Central United Church building2020-04-14T17:36:34-04:00
Looking West at the North side of Elizabeth Street between Bayfield and John (now Maple Avenue) Streets2020-04-14T17:19:19-04:00
Ball Sash and Door Factory on John Street (now Maple Avenue)2020-04-14T17:15:14-04:00
The Examiner and Advance Printing Offices at the South East corner of Dunlop and Mulcaster Streets2020-04-05T13:43:03-04:00
Fire in Tamblyn Drug Store at Five Points in December2020-03-30T16:46:03-04:00
Fire at Tamblyn and Harry A Smith drug stores Five Points in December. Temperature was reported to be 34 degrees below zero Farenheit2020-03-30T16:43:04-04:00
Drug store located at 6 Dunlop Street likely the location of Harry A. Smith pharmacy2020-03-30T16:38:54-04:00
Looking West on Theresa Street towards Berczy Street2020-03-16T20:27:33-04:00
An advertisement for Scott’s Books which was located at Dunlop Street2020-03-16T20:18:01-04:00
Alex Scott’s book store and R.A. Douglas’ jewelry store were tenants at 80 Dunlop Street in the Bothwell Block2020-03-16T20:13:13-04:00
This Second Empire style home at 105 Toronto Street was built for American stave manufacturer Charles W. Robinson in 1872. It was sold in 1887 to Martin Burton, a lumber dealer2020-03-16T20:02:58-04:00
The Barrie fire hall on the South East corner of Collier and Mulcaster Streets2020-02-07T21:14:09-05:00
Advertisement from the Simcoe County Gazetteer for the steamer Ida Burton2020-02-07T16:44:17-05:00
Looking East at Levi Carley’s wharf at the foor of Mulcaster Street at a steam yacht, the Mayflower, owned by a Mr. Stevenson2020-02-07T10:42:52-05:00
Royal Victoria Hospital on Ross Street was built in 19032020-01-29T19:52:50-05:00
The Royal Victoria Hospital at 76 Ross Street open on March 5, 1903 on land donated by Archibald Thomson2020-01-29T19:50:08-05:00
The Barrie General Hospital (later renamed Royal Victoria Hospital) opened on June 22, 1897 in the former Fletcher house at 63 High Street2020-01-29T19:45:26-05:00
The Fletcher House at 63 High Street would later become the Barrie General Hospital2020-01-29T19:41:59-05:00
Bothwell’s Corner located at the intersection of Essa Road, Tiffin and Bradford Streets2020-01-29T19:37:19-05:00
Looking East at Duff Grocer located on Dunlop Street at Memorial Square2020-01-25T14:24:16-05:00
McKeggie and Company bank was located at 59 Dunlop Street and Memorial Square2020-01-25T14:13:47-05:00
The ‘Gardens’ at the foot of Owen Street, this area was referred to as Station Gore, Memorial, Post Office or Fred Grant Square2020-01-25T13:40:15-05:00
Looking East down Dunlop Street from Clapperton Street. The Bank of Toronto and Dominion House can be seen2020-01-17T16:22:06-05:00