Filter by date range

Filter by neighbourhood

Filter by source/collection 

Filter by tag

Pencil Drawing of Market Square at Collier and Mulcaster Streets by Artist Historian George Harlow White.2016-05-01T15:20:01-04:00
Homeowners on Cumberland Street South of Milburn Street enjoy the water in their lawns left by Hurricane Hazel (3).2016-09-06T18:30:19-04:00
North side of John Street at Atkinson Pontiac.2021-06-12T20:30:59-04:00
Grand Trunk Railway Station (now Allandale Train Station) on Kempenfelt Bay’s shoreline with a wood retaining wall and storage shed at the dock’s entrance.2016-05-17T19:45:27-04:00
No. 137 to no. 135 Essa Road.2016-06-11T01:14:14-04:00
Construction grading for the Lakeshore Drive extension. The Allandale Train Station can be seen in the background.2016-07-18T20:05:46-04:00
Unknown dairy farm used by Lakeview Dairy2020-06-15T20:02:54-04:00
Central School, which became Victoria School in 1920, was located on the Northwest corner of Owen Street and Collier Street. It was demolished and the second Post Office replaced it after 1958. This too was torn down and a Scotia Bank sits there now. Notice the (now gone) steeple of Trinity Anglican Church behind the school.2016-05-02T10:03:11-04:00
Ms. Goodfellow’s (Baker) Grade 2 and 3 class photo at 13A Innisfil Huronia Public School.2016-09-05T16:20:47-04:00
Jackson National leasing at 144 Bradford Street.2017-02-27T12:19:15-05:00
Looking down Dunlop Street East from the foot of Owen Street towards Mulcaster Street. The secton of buildings on the left is known as Sanders Block and was built in 1880.2016-06-30T22:03:56-04:00
Demolition of building on the corner of Collier and Bayfield Streets (1).2016-09-05T16:11:23-04:00
Barrie’s finest battle the fire that took out the historic Wellington Hotel and surrounding buildings at Five Points (46).2016-12-02T22:28:23-05:00
A crowd watches women in period costume walk in the Centennial parade2019-01-20T16:09:11-05:00
Days Work Done photograph by Nora L. Marshall (1894-1978). Horses Nipper and Queenie pull a cart along a dirt road in the Steele and Duckworth Streets area2019-01-12T16:05:34-05:00
Jayne Prichard (Stafford) on the set of CKVR Television’s Good company.2017-03-28T23:17:46-04:00
Looking across Kempenfelt Bay at the downtown core.2017-02-28T23:09:48-05:00
North centre line showing Honest Joe’s Motors on Bradford Street.2016-06-10T05:22:28-04:00
The American Hotel on Collier Street is demolished.2017-03-03T11:42:10-05:00
Jack Garner embraces Carol McLuhan, former Mayor Dorian Parker’s daughter at the Mayors’ Seat Reception at City Hall.2016-11-17T17:23:00-05:00
126 Collier Street, formerly Maude Koury’s restaurant.2020-05-02T16:26:08-04:00
Excavating the lot where the congregational church was to build the Trinity Anglican Church Parish Hall on Collier Street.2017-02-21T16:44:58-05:00
Looking South on Essa Road from Bradford and Tiffin Streets2020-12-06T13:03:26-05:00
Looking towards Dunlop Street East and Owen Street ascending from the water.2016-06-30T22:03:56-04:00
118 Collier Street on the corner of Collier and Poyntz Streets. Originally built by Edmund and Annie Lally in 1847. Once converted into 14 apartments in the 1970’s, this home serves as law offices today.2016-07-06T22:10:20-04:00
Tangled powerlines caused by the tornado.2016-09-05T15:50:31-04:00
The Wellington Hotel, owned by Joseph Palmer, was located at the corner of Elizabeth and Dunlop Streets at Five Points.2019-01-09T07:51:26-05:00
City of Barrie sign stating development purpose of the Allandale Train Station and site.2017-04-04T22:48:40-04:00
Boat docked on the shore of Lovers Creek near the MacDonald family cottage.2016-09-05T16:28:54-04:00
Terry Fox listens to announcer as he runs through Barrie during Ten MIlion Dollar Miracle of Hope Run across Canada.2016-09-06T17:48:38-04:00
The home at 178 Bayfield Street once belonged to Mayor John H. Bennett2021-01-14T20:54:30-05:00
Looking at no. 163 Sanford Street through the backyard of no. 162 Sanford Street.2016-07-02T23:30:55-04:00
No. 114 to no. 124 Essa Road.2016-06-11T00:25:32-04:00
Construction on Minet’s Point Road associated with Lakeshore Drive extension, facing North (2).2016-07-18T20:11:48-04:00
Barrie Collegiate Band clarinet ensemble. Betty Lillow (centre), would go on to teach Math at Barrie Central Collegiate for most of her career.2016-09-06T18:52:00-04:00
Construction of the outside of the Water Pollution Control Centre.2016-09-05T17:59:07-04:00
Looking West from Mulcaster Street at construction on Dunlop Street. Roberto’s Pizzeria can be seen in foreground.2019-08-27T08:11:31-04:00
Looking South along Owen Street to the Post Office which was demolished in 1958.2016-12-18T12:02:38-05:00
Children sledding in a Davidson Street back yard with Barrie North Collegiate in the background.2016-04-27T19:58:45-04:00
Burn’s Grocery store on Blake Street2020-05-13T11:16:23-04:00
Barrie’s finest battle the blaze at Five Points. The fire took out the historic Wellington Hotel and surrounding buildings (11).2016-12-02T22:31:29-05:00
Barrie Central Collegiate Hallways (34).2017-04-06T13:35:55-04:00
View from the Chimney Tops photograph by Nora Marshall. The Parkview Centre (East Ward School) on Blake Street can be seen2019-01-12T10:27:05-05:00
Looking West at the rock placed along the shoreline for the prevention of erosion (2).2016-07-08T23:49:22-04:00
Looking up the driveway at 168 Owen Street. Originally built in 1900 for James L.R. Cotter.2019-06-28T16:04:06-04:00
A car is placed in the interior of a home following the tornado.2016-09-06T01:31:00-04:00
Traffic travels along Dunlop Street East along Owen Street.2017-05-30T23:21:49-04:00
Thomas McConkey, Warden of Simcoe County built this home at 101 Clapperton Street in the mid 1870s.2016-09-05T17:35:16-04:00
Construction underway for the Georgian Pontiac car dealership (3).2016-05-19T02:00:48-04:00
Engine #6035 in the Allandale rail yard outside of the roundhouse.2016-12-10T21:28:18-05:00