Filter by date range
Filter by tag
The Reform Episcopal Church at 39 Collier Street was designed by architect Thomas Kennedy2022-01-16T10:33:26-05:00
The James Walsh Soda Water Manufactory was located at Sophia and Clapperton Streets2022-01-06T17:43:48-05:00
Looking East at a new condo on Bayfield Street and the old bus station on Maple Avenue in the summer of 19892021-11-26T13:23:28-05:00
One time Gospel Hall on Mary Street, was demolished2021-11-05T10:26:11-04:00
The Harrison-Lower house was located at the North West corner of Collier and Clapperton Streets2021-10-15T21:23:44-04:00
The Smith-Thompson House was built in 1842 on a gore lot formed by Dunlop, Poyntz and Sampson Streets2021-09-16T20:27:13-04:00
Door, Sash and Blind facory, located at 120 Bayfield Street, was built in 18682021-09-16T19:36:44-04:00
The Sevigny Carriage Shop was rebuilt on the former Marrin Block site. The building later became Norris Dairy2021-09-16T15:47:38-04:00
The federal building (post office) built in the 1950’s at the Northwest corner of Collier and Owen Streets, the former site of the Victoria Schoo2021-09-16T13:17:45-04:00
A close up of the demolition of the original Barrie Central Collegiate building on Bradford Street2021-09-16T09:23:19-04:00
The demolition of the original Barrie Central Collegiate on Bradford Street2021-09-16T09:19:35-04:00
Demolition begins on the original Barrie Central Collegiate building on Bradford Street2021-09-16T09:16:22-04:00
The building designed by Thomas Kennedy at the North East corner of Dunlop and Owen Streets is being demolished2021-09-16T08:12:15-04:00
Demolition of the building at the North East corner of Dunlop and Owen Streets, designed by Thomas Kennedy, is underway2021-09-16T08:07:23-04:00
A view of the former post office and Bank of Toronto building designed by Shearman Bird and built in 1872 on the East side of Owen Street2021-09-16T07:31:17-04:00
A view of the former Mechanic’s Institute building on the East side of Owen Street between Dunlop and Collier Streets2021-09-16T07:25:50-04:00
The East side of Owen Street between Dunlop and Collier Streets. A portion of the former Mechanic’s Institute can be seen on the right2021-09-15T22:14:34-04:00
This home was built in 1842 by Thomas Smith on the North side of Dunlop Street on a gore lot formed by Sampson and Poyntz Streets2021-09-11T18:32:36-04:00
Bythe Cottage, on the North side of Dunlop Street East of Mulcaster Street, was the home of Judge Ardagh2021-09-11T18:17:45-04:00
Looking at the west side of Lakeview Dairy located at 185 Dunlop Street East2021-09-11T18:00:27-04:00
Looking at the exterior of the Lakeview Dairy restaurant on Dunlop Street East2021-09-11T17:42:43-04:00
The Registry Office was built in 1875 to replace the previous frame building and designed to be fire proof2021-09-11T09:58:25-04:00
The Ardagh Home located on Louisa Street (now Dunlop Street East) was established in 1873 for aged and indigent women2021-09-10T22:17:41-04:00
The home at 185 Dunlop Street East was known as ‘The Creamery’ and was the location of Lakeview Dairy2021-09-10T21:52:22-04:00
The former Anderton residence at the South East corner of Ellen and Victoria Streets2021-09-10T21:22:48-04:00
The Clifton Hotel in October 1992 before demolition2021-07-16T21:20:35-04:00
The Fraser’s Exchange Hotel on Dunlop Street2021-07-08T09:34:34-04:00
The home of builder George Ball was located at 62 John Street (now Maple Avenue)2021-09-16T10:27:51-04:00
Barrie Collegiate Institute on Bradford Street2021-12-17T09:53:44-05:00
St. Mary’s Separate School was located on Courthouse Hill on Codrington Street2021-11-12T22:33:22-05:00
The Central School (later renamed Victoria School) which was located on the North West corner of Collier and Owen Streets2021-11-12T22:36:00-05:00
The home that stood at 258 Dunlop Street (formerly Louisa Street) once belonged to R.I. Fraser a prominent dry good store owner2020-12-09T21:38:03-05:00
The T. Sidsworth and Son bakery on McDonald Street2020-11-12T12:48:38-05:00
Ardraven was built in 1845 by the Strathy family. It later became Ovenden College (closed in 1950) and demolished in 19682020-11-06T19:46:15-05:00
Simpson’s Simcoe Steam Brewery at 10 Mary Street was later owned by the Anderton family2020-11-03T13:17:56-05:00
The original county courthouse of 1843 was incorporated into the 1877 enlarged building that was later demolished in 19772020-10-10T16:03:53-04:00
The original county courthouse2020-10-10T15:58:17-04:00
The courthouse which was built in 1877 is being demolished2020-10-10T15:28:49-04:00
Looking West on Collier Street at Barrie City Hall2020-08-27T19:59:35-04:00
The interior of St. Mary’s church on Mulcaster Street, built in 1872 and designed by Shearman Bird2020-08-27T19:38:42-04:00
The first Sacred Heart of Mary church and buriel grounds were on the East side of Mulcaster Street just North of the jail.2020-08-27T19:35:39-04:00
St.Mary’s church was designed by Shearman Bird and built in 1872. The deanery and church were located on Mulcaster Street2020-08-27T19:31:36-04:00
The historic fire hall is being demolished2020-07-23T21:04:34-04:00
Demolition of wheelwright and carpenter shop located on Bayfield Street behind the Simcoe Hotel2020-07-13T17:01:40-04:00
The Mechanics Institute located at 17 Owen Street which later became the first Barrie Public Library2020-05-28T14:40:58-04:00
The Salvation Army Citadel located at 60 Collier Street2020-05-28T14:37:20-04:00
The Barrie Presbyterian Church on Collier Street between Clapperton and Owen Streets. It was later sold to the Salvation Army2020-05-28T14:34:00-04:00
-J. Galbraith and Son Exchange Block feed store at 215 Dunlop Street East which was later the Barrie Brewing Company, then Bayview Apartments2020-05-11T11:55:35-04:00
A view of the new Central United Church opened in 19582020-04-14T17:41:23-04:00
A view of Carley’s Boat Works and lakeshore2020-02-10T12:38:56-05:00
Go to Top