Bill

Home/Bill Warnica

About Bill Warnica

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Bill Warnica has created 3 blog entries.

At one time, four mills occupied the banks of Lover’s Creek from Yonge St to the bay starting with Wm Hewson’s Mill and working north to the bay, next was the Morse Brother’s Mill, near the railway tracks was Wm Cox’s Mill and near the bay in Tollendal was the Galbraith mill. Where Lover’s creek, crosses Big Bay Point Road, on the south side of the road, a damn was built in 1862 to create [...]

In the early 1900s much of Innisfil's waterfront was under development creating many new cottages and homes for the Toronto and Barrie purchasers. A movement was afoot to build a railway to service the needs of these new properties along the shoreline. In 1910 a group of Toronto lawyers, accountants and capitalist applied for incorporation under the name "The Monarch Railway" to run a line from Toronto north through York, Vaughan, King, West Gwillimbury and [...]

In the 1800s, getting to the Tollendal Mill could be a precarious journey. The only access, before a bridge was built over Lover's Creek, was by way of water or the Tollendal Mill Road. This road ran west from the Penetanguishene Road (Yonge Street), down a steep downslope, over the Grand Trunk Railway (GTR) tracks and on to the grist mill on the west side of Lover's Creek. At the north side of the junction [...]

Go to Top